SlidesLast Updated: August 19, 2019
The Slides Content Block allows you to upload static slide content to your Webinar Environment to use during your webinars.
Adding Slides to your Storyboard
To add a Slides Content Block to your Storyboard, click the "+" Card in the Storyboard, select the Slides item, then click Next.
To add a new file to the Content Block, click the "+" card:
This will open a file explorer where you can choose your file. Once the file is chosen, it will be uploaded and converted for use in your webinar:
You can upload the following types of content to the Slides Content Block:
- Presentation Files (.ppt, .pptx, .key)
- Word Documents (.doc, .docx)
- Excel files (.xls, .xlsx)
- Picture files (.jpg, .png, .gif)
Once the file is uploaded and converted, you will see it in the list of available items.
If you hover over the item, you can access the following menu options by clicking the "..." button at the top right:
- Preview: View a preview of the content
- Download PDF: Download the converted PDF version of the content for viewing on your desktop
- Delete: Delete the item
From here, you can select the desired item and click Next. Now, select a presenter who you wish to control this content. You can either select yourself, an existing Presenter from the list, or create a New presenter by clicking the "+ card.
Once you select your Presenter(s), click next.
You can set the following options for your Slides Content Blocks:
- Display a count-down for presenters: Sets a timer that is shown in the Slides controls
- Display an announcement: Enter text here to show as an announcement popup at the bottom of the screen. This will display on the specified slide for the set amount of time
- Allow attendees to download a PDF copy: Checking this will activate a small download button to appear at the bottom left of your slide content, allowing all participants to download a PDF copy of the slides while the Content Block is active.
- Shorten slide deck: Checking this option allows you to load only a selected portion of the entire deck into the Content Block.
This will allow you to slit the Slides content into multiple Content Blocks
After setting your options, click the Add to Storyboard button to finalize:
When you start the Slides Content Block, either during Prep Mode or a Live Webinar, the presentation will load in the main content display area. A set of controls will also appear at the bottom center of the interface:
- Slide controls, along with the timer (if configured in the Slides Settings), will show at the bottom of the screen.
- You have access to a Laser option, and presents your cursor movements as a small red dot that is seen by all webinar participants. This can be used to highlight sections of the slide content for your audience.
- Slides Thumbnail View (NEW FEATURE): This will allow you to quickly scroll through your past or upcoming slides to directly load any slide, without having to shuffle through the entire deck.
- Presenter video (or a portrait) will show at the top right of the Slides display.
- Any announcements will show across the bottom of the screen