Attendee Microphone and Webcam (PODIUM)
One of the major updates provided by Flow 1.6.0 is the ability to provide the microphone and webcam permission (a.k.a. PODIUM) to attendees. We named this "Attendee interaction" or "AI" in short form!
Enabling Attendee Interactions for Your Event
- Edit your event or while creating a new event, go to Settings
- Expand advanced settings
- Click the toggle to enable Attendee Interaction
- Save the event
- Ask attendees to raise their hands using the hand-raise function at the bottom left of the attendee chat window
- Once they start to raise hands a Red Dot appears in the notification panel to indicate that attendees are requesting the podium
- Click on one of the attendees to provide the podium - you cannot grant the podium to multiple users at once, only one at a time and you rotate the podium to the next requestor and so on
- Click the microphone button on the right (it also shows the tooltip "Enable attendee interaction"). Once it is granted, the attendee's raised hand icon goes away and the podium icon appears
- On the attendee side, he/she gets a popup dialog box
- The attendee also gets the microphone/webcam buttons in the mid-bottom section in the webinar room
- The attendee MUST click either the Microphone to enable the Microphone Only and on Webcam to enable BOTH the devices. This step also disables the ability for this users to raise the hand.
It will be restored when the podium is revoked
- Once this is enabled, the attendee appears on the new webcam tray on the left in the webinar room and all participants can see/hear him/her
- To grant the podium to another attendee, follow the same procedure. Once the permission is revoked, the mic/webcam disappears automatically from the webcam tray
- Once everyone completes the roundtable, click on the lat attendee's name in the participant panel and click the microphone icon to turn it off
Handling Abusive Users
These unexpected situations can arise during any event. You can immediately take the podium away by clicking on this user and clicking the podium button.
Important Notes and Usecases
The podium is taken away automatically (5 seconds is the threshold) in the following cases
- When an attendee enables/uses the mic and then turns off the mic
- When an attendee clicks on the Webcam button (enables both mic/cam), turns each device off one by one
- When the devices are enabled and the attendee reloads
- When an attendee disconnects
The podium is NOT taken away when the attendee is granted the podium but the devices are not enabled and the attendee reloads.
- Attendees won't see any microphone/webcam configuration options. The defaults will be selected
- Firefox users must Allow and then Remember the permissions in the Firefox browser
Changing the Storyboard Items
If you change the storyboard item while an attendee is granted the podium and use mic/cam, his feed will be turned off (off-air). The attendee can still enable his/her devices once more to speak/show webcam.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article