Flow started as an event-based platform. We understood that for certain scenarios, this does not fit. For instance, our trading clients who previously used Webinato required permanent virtual rooms to carry out their training sessions. Certain other clients needed breakout rooms. This guide introduces you to our latest addition to the Flow platform, the Webinar room system.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- How does a Webinar Room work?
- Adding/Removing a Room
- Customizing a Room
- Adding/Removing Hosts/Presenters to a Room
- Entering a Room
- Managing Attendees (Add/Remove)
- Starting/Ending the Room
- What is Prep Mode?
- Managing Replays
- Viewing Reports
How does a Webinar Room work?
- Advanced Options
Entering a Flow webinar room is quite easy.
- Log into your Flow dashboard as a host/presenter
- Click the Rooms tab
- Click the name of your room
- Click the Enter button at the specific room card (near the bottom left).
- If the enter button is not enabled for you, you need to enlist yourself as a host/presenter
- If you see the '+' button to add yourself, go ahead
- Ask your Flow administrator or a host to add you to the webinar room if you don't see the '+' button to add yourself to the room.
Managing Attendees (Add/Remove)
Implementing Single Sign-On (SSO)
Read our online guide on implementing SSO and integrating Flow into your website's login system. This will eliminate the need for users to register or log into Flow using a separate email/password combination. It saves time for you and your clients.
Click here to learn more.
Adding/Removing Registered Users (Coming up)
Adding/Removing Guest Users and Set Passwords
- Click the ... menu in the room card (upper right-hand corner)
- Click Summary
- Find the guest link under the Room Join Info. The passcode can be changed or even disabled.
- Copy the main link/passcode and share it with your guests.
Guest link can be used by anyone who wishes to register and log in. Do not share the password unless you know who the user is and will not be sharing with others. The number of users joining as guests will impact the room capacity!
Starting/Ending the Room
- Click the Enter Room button to join the webinar room as a host
- Click Yes in the following dialog box
- Add storyboard items if there is none - the items you added will be preserved by the system the next time you start the room
- Click the Start Event button to start the session.
What is Prep Mode?
This is the same as eCurtain in the webinar room. During the prep mode, your microphone/webcam/other modules cannot be heard or seen by the attendees. You can start the event by clicking the "Start Event" button when you add a storyboard item. This changes the End Prep Mode to End Event. This means that you start the session and stream to your attendees live.
Question: If I end the prep mode, does it cause any issues?
Answer: This does not end the session, as you did not start the room. However, it will kick everyone out, and they must join back. The link for guests won't expire even when you end prep mode.
To view reports,
- Click Past Events on your admin page
- Select the name of a webinar room from the dropdown list
- Here, All Data lists all the reports, while room names will list respective room reports.
For any inquiries or to get help, please reach us via phone (only for admins/hosts/presenters) chat or by creating a ticket if you are an attendee.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article