With Flow release 1.6.0 we introduced a new way to organize the webcams for your convenience. Now there is a webcam tray on the left (a small column on the left).
Webcam tray displays when someone is,
- Assigned to the Storyboard item and it is active (played)
- The assigned presenter(s) is/are ON AIR
In order for you to be able to show one or more presenter portraits (when the mic is on) or the webcam footage in the Webcam Tray,
- You'll need to add any of the following content blocks to your Storyboard
- Once you've selected a content block for your Storyboard, the next thing you need to do is simply activate your microphone/webcam
- You will then notice the Webcam Tray available on the left column of your screen. You can collapse/expand the tray with a simple click. By default, the tray is expanded. It also expands when someone reloads/refreshes the page
- This is how it looks like when you have your microphone and webcam enabled at the same time
- If you will only enable the microphone and the webcam disabled, The AV Tray will only display a webcam portrait
Question: Is it a MUST to have a Storyboard item assigned to display a presenter's portrait or webcam of a presenter or a set of presenters?
The answer is NO. You can have presenters show up in the webcam tray even without assigning to storyboard items (this is not a new feature). Here's how to do it
- Have the presenter's webcam on or microphone turned on
- Have the HOST open the AV Controls panel and click the ON-AIR button of that specific presenter(s)